Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

~Mother's Day~

I'm going to be honest, I'm upset today so please bear with me. Hopefully my words/sentences will make sense. I had imagined this day to go a little differently, I suppose..

Last night I had stayed up until almost 4:30 a.m. working on cards for both my mom and Lewis's mom. Well, the card for Lewis's mom was a big hit. She loved it. Then again, she always appreciates anything I make her. :) That made me feel good. We also got her pink roses, which were just gorgeous and a Dora the Explorer balloon (I thought that was funny since her name is Doricela, and she goes by "Dora").
Anyway, my frustration lies with my mom, yet again. I text her twice earlier in the day to tell her Happy Mother's Day and to find out what she was doing so that I could see her and give her the gifts I had gotten her. Well, time went on and I didn't hear from her for several hours. Finally I get a text that said she would call me when she was home. Several more hours went by and I didn't hear anything. I sent her two more texts that let her know I was leaving for Austin tonight, trying to find out when she would be home so I could wait. Well, nothing. I ended up leaving her roses and gift in a box on her doorstep. :-/
I just feel let down...
I wish she would think of me as a priority.
I'm going to drink some much-needed wine this evening and art journal. It always helps to channel these emotions somewhere so they don't build up.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww, I'm sorry sweetie! =( Sending you a big hug! Keep your chin up! You made a great effort! xoxo

beckie said...

Melissa, I was SO sorry to read this. You have so much love and caring in your heart, and I can only imagine how disappointed you were. It makes me just outraged! How many moms out there must have wanted to get the same love you were trying to share with yours and how happy it would have made them. Take care, dear, and I'm glad Lewis' mom loved her Mother's Day celebration!