Saturday, June 13, 2009

Texas Folklife Festival

We had the chance to head down to the Folklife Festival this afternoon. I haven't been there in many, many years! I use to go every year when my Papa worked down there with his Cajun group. He use to help make the food (gumbo, crawfish, boudan) and serve the beer. A little background on me: I am part French Cajun from my grandfather's side. He was from Louisiana. I had such wonderful memories there with him and my family. The music, the dancing, and the food was just incredible!

Today I really missed him. A lot.

Here's a picture of him from the festival probably 15 years ago:
I love you, Papa and miss you dearly. xoxo

3 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Sweet tribute! I lost my Grandpa recently and I just got a bolo tie from Nonnie that was his. Looks like our gramps had similar taste!

melissa kaye said...

That's sweet, Kristin. It's nice to have something that was his. I have a few items that were my Papa's. I truly cherish them.

beckie said...

Very moving post, Melissa. I'm glad you can look back on such good memories.