Tuesday, August 25, 2009

~allergies, austin, & geese!~

so..i'm still drowning myself with hot tea & lemon with honey.
i hate
hate
hate
allergies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow is the first day back at school. I'm not really looking forward to it because I've been up in Austin (my favorite city♥) since yesterday. Lewis and I came up early on Monday so we could get him moved into his apartment. We had so much to do! Thank goodness we got everything done. I took some photos today but realized I left my camera cable at home so I can't upload tonight. :-( Dang it!

Ok--and let me just tell you that I was actually chased by a gaggle of geese earlier today! Yes, it is true.. We had just gotten out of the parking lot at Wal-mart when we noticed the group up ahead. I told Lewis to slow down so I can get out real quick and take a few shots with my camera. You know how I always have my camera on me, right? :) Well, I got out of the car and started approaching them. They stared at me at first while I took a blurry shot. As I got closer the ENTIRE gaggle started darting towards me. Fast! I was thinking, "oh crap". Then I just ran all the way back to the car. I barely made it in before they bit me in the butt! I saw their necks going back in forth like they wanted to attack. I swear that was the scariest thing that has happened to me in a long time. But nevertheless it was pretty hilarious. Lewis laughed a lot.
:)

5 comments:

Rhianne said...

doh, I think Geese are quite scary sometimes! I have an award for you on my blog :) x

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

You survived the geese! I didn't know they could "attack" that way...there's a bunch of them at the park near where I live and I'll take note of that the next time I'm near the geese =) Feel better!

Jamie said...

I'm sorry you were attacked by geese but it is quite funny to read. ;) They can be pretty mean. We have a bunch of geese & ducks at our local park.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Man. Who knew geese were THAT sensitive about having their picture taken! Sheesh! Funny story and I'm glad you survived.

How are your alergies today?

melissa kaye said...

Thank you, Rhianne! <3

My allergies are still there but are getting better. My doctor put me on an antibiotic b/c she thinks I may of had a cold as well. This is day 3 of taking the pills.